Using a tampon
If you’re a first timer or it’s still quite new it can be tricky to get the hang of. Here are some simple tips to help get you through:
- Grab your pack of CAREFREE® tampons and make sure to give your hands a wash before and after using them.
- Unwrap the tampon, straighten out the string (you don’t want it getting lost!) and get yourself into a comfy position – try sitting on the toilet or standing with one leg up on the toilet seat.
- Hold the tampon at the string end and use your other hand to hold open the folds of your vagina.
- Breathe out, relax and get Zen.
- Use your index finger to gently slide the tampon in as far as it’ll go, slanting it towards your lower back rather than directly upwards. You’ll know it’s in properly if you can’t feel it at all.
- If it’s not feeling quite right, it’s probably wandered a bit off course! Try rotating it or changing its direction slightly. If it’s still not feeling quite right, you can always take it out and start again.
- If your tampon doesn’t seem to be co-operating don’t stress! Getting the hang of it can sometimes take a few goes, so don’t give up. Once you’ve got it sorted, you’ll wonder what the big deal was!