Sanitary pads are a blessing for women around the world! Taking care of periods every month for almost a week is no easy task, and sanitary napkins, along with other aids such as tampons and menstrual cups have certainly made those menstrual cycles much more manageable. However, what about the days before periods, when you’re faced with spotting and white discharge? Sanitary pads aren’t the best solution to deal with these, and hence it’s panty liners that come to your rescue!
Liners (also known as panty liners) are like a spare pair of undies that can be changed any time of the day. Liners for periods are meant to be used in between periods to absorb discharge that’s naturally released from the vagina, to leave you feeling fresh and clean throughout the day. They also serve as a “backup” in your undies until you’re completely comfortable using a tampon all by itself.
HOW TO USE A LINER?
- Using a panty liner is as simple as using a pad:
- Wash and dry your hands with soap and water.
- Remove the liner from the wrapper.
- Peel off the long piece of paper that covers the sticky back of the liner.
- Place the liner sticky side down to cover the crotch panel of your undies — the area that goes between your legs. Be sure not to put it too far to the front or back.
- Dispose of the liner after it has become saturated. Pull it off your undies and roll it up like a sleeping bag in the wrapper from your fresh liner before disposing of it in the bin. Never flush a liner down the toilet.
- Wash your hands.
Also, just like a sanitary pad, you may want to change your panty liner every 4 hours to feel fresh and comfortable.
CAREFREE® Liners are a great way to keep your undies feeling fresh and dry every day. So, the next time that white discharge or spotting make your days dull and gloomy, grab a liner and use them to sail through your days feeling active and energetic!